2010 “Help, Support and Sheltering for the Victims of Domestic Violence”
The support of the Ministry of Labor and Social Policy for the realization of this project was used for our long-standing experience in handling this particular problem. The support met the needs of our common target group, victims of domestic violence of all ages, regardless of their nationality, religion, social status all over the territory of the Republic of Macedonia. With the realization of the project the work of the state institutions was also facilitated especially with the provision of prompt and adequate protection and care for the domestic violence victims and through the establishment of the National SOS line, available 24/7 and operating with trained volunteers.
1. 1027 victims or potential victims of domestic violence received professional help and adequate information was given by the trained consultants.
2. Sheltered 31 women and 11 children, victims of domestic violence, for a period of 24-48 hours.
3. Referred 667 victims of domestic violence.
4. Increased human resources with adequate staff.
2010/2011 “Networking to Reduce Domestic Violence”
Main purpose of the project was to increase awareness of citizens in the selected Municipalities for the problem of domestic violence, facilitating access to information and protection and sheltering of victims or potential victims of violence, and strengthening the cooperation between civil society organizations and institutions of the system. Another purpose of this project is joining of Municipalities of Oslomej and Zupa, through representatives of relevant institutions to the work of the Local Coordinative Bodies for prevention of domestic violence in the Municipality of Debar and Kicevo.
Main activities of this project are: organizing public tribunes, organizing training for civil society organizations working on the Telephones of Confidence, printing and dissemination of educational materials, preparing and signing a Memorandum of Cooperation between the members of LCB and regular meetings with the Coordinative Bodies.
- Established 2 Telephones of Confidence in Debar and Kicevo
- 30 traineed volounteers for SOS consultation of victims of domestic violence
- 315 citizens educated about domestic violence
- 3000 educational brochures
- Established 2 Local Coordinative Bodies with representatives from all relevant local actors for tackling domestic violence as a stronger form of cooperation with potential to make changes and to improve the response toward victims of domestic violence.