2012 Help, Support and Sheltering of Victims of Domestic Violence
The Ministry of Labor and Social Policy, in a period of 5 months, supported the service provision that our center provides to victims of domestic violence. Namely: Crisis counseling and referral through SOS help lines; Education of victims of domestic violence that includes empowerment and initial legal aid and Sheltering of victims of domestic violence in period 24 – 48 hours.
1. 1250 potential victims and victims of domestic violence received professional help and adequate information
2. Referred 615 victims of domestic violence to Centers for social work and Police
3. Sheltered 32 women victims of domestic violence in period 24 – 48 hours
4. Educated 76 women victims of domestic violence
2012 Genuine help and support for victims of domestic violence
Overall objective: Improving approaches and strategies to support victims of domestic violence
Objective of the project: Advanced empowering of victims of domestic violence through care for their psychic and physic health
1. Stabilization and relive from unpleasant feelings of 15 victims of domestic violence through realization of 4 workshops
2. Designed and printed 1000 leaflets and 500 posters in Macedonian and Albanian language in order to promote Crisis Centre “Hope”SOS help lines and other services that we provide.
2012 Raising awareness of professional structures that protect and prevent violence within the Centers for Social Work
Objectives of the project:
1. Development of professional’s capacity regarding economic empowerment and career development of victims of domestic violence.
2. Development of communication skills and teamwork aspects within the Centers for social work and among relevant institutions.
In order to attain the goals of the project were conducted series of trainings for 60 experts from the Centers for Social Work, developed in three modules with different topics including: career development, teamwork and multiagency collaboration.
Participation in the Program for capacity building within TACSO
Crisis Center “Hope” participated in the group of developed and advanced organizations in the Program for capacity building within TACSO, which started in May 2012. Thus we went through a process of evaluation of the organizational capacity and preparation of plan for capacity building with consultant support and support in shape of workshops in several priority areas identified in the plan for capacity building. The Plan includes four development priorities related to Strategic management, Project management, Human resources and Media and public relations. The support from TASCO was provided in two of the development priorities, Strategic management and Project management.
2012 - 2013 Preventive workshops for girls and young women
Overall goal: Raising awareness among grills and young women about violence against women
Specific goals: One of the major purposes of the project is to help girls and women participants to identify their own attitudes, values and judgments and to reappraise and fine-tune them with the aid of the insight gained. The ultimate goal is enable them to look at the problem from different perspectives and to start considering violence as a possible cause of problems.
Resultas: Realized 8 educative workshops with teoretical and practical coverage on the phmenomenon on violence aginst women the workshops also included documentaries on the subject, testimonials ans stories from survivors and judgments of the European court on human rights.
2012/2013 Establishing of a system for standardization of services for free legal aid that CSOs are providing to victims of domestic violence in Macedonia
Overall goal is to establish, promote and put in function model for standardization of the services for free legal aid to domestic violence victims provided by CSOs.
Crisis Center “Hope” participates as a referral center to the other three offices and by providing initial legal aid. Other partners in the project are Organization of women of Municipality of Sveti Nikole and Branch office of EHO in close collaboration with Organization of women – Strumica. Holder of the project is EHO Stip.